This project is related to make contributions to an open-source project named Expertiza. I refactored the existing bad smells following
Ruby on Railsbest practises, implemented new features related to user model and writing
RSpectests with two team members.
- Find the un-called methods if any and delete them.
- Change the Rails 2 syntax to
- Change the white space for the second half of this file, starts at “def edit”.
- Separate the
paginate_listmethod into two methods. The search method should be in model and the paginating method should be in the controller.
New feature: delete users
- A user can be deleted if (s)he has not participated in an assignment.
- If the user is participating in an assignment, the system will ask, “User is participating in k assignments. Delete as a participant in these assignment(s)?”
- If the user has submitted or reviewed in any of these assignments, the system will say the user cannot be deleted, but offer to rename the user account to
- different users have different delete methods.
- If the person trying to delete does not want to rename the account, the system will just say that the user can’t be deleted.
Rspecunit test and increase the test coverage to